Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Always Be Prepared

When I'm sick I waiver between feeling like my life is a complete waste of time and feeling like I'm getting a lot of things done. This go round, I'm gonna git 'er done! So far, I have caught up on TV and movies I wanted to see and made some plans for the future. I've shown my stuffed Kodiak bear where he and his family are from by watching Deadliest Catch. I've seen history in the making at Rangers Ballpark in Arlington, Texas. I've cried to the movie Sweet Home Alabama, and counted it's inaccuracies (4). I've learned a lot about the history of Broadway musicals and watched a few of the old musical movies. I learned that Mandy Patinka was actually an attractive man in Yentl, even though he did have a full beard. I have also made some very important plans for the future.

I don't ever want to be executed, but if for some reason I am charged with a heinous crime and sentenced to death, I hope that that last meal thing is true. I've got mine all planned out. I don't want them to come and ask me what I would like for my last meal and butcher it because I hadn't properly prepared. So, I will request the following items, in no order:
1. Alaskan crab legs - King and Snow
2. Cheese fondue
3. Cheese grits
4. Maryland crab cakes
5. Sausage balls
6. Fried oyster poboy
7. Eggs benedict with extra hollandaise
8. Sushi
9. Shrimp fried rice from Chop Suey Inn (Homewood, Alabama)
10. Egg rolls from Chop Suey Inn
11. Pickled okra that my mama makes
12. Coconut tofu soup from Surin (Alabama)
13. Olives, lots of olives
14. Cheese pizza from New York Pizza (Homewood, Alabama)
15. Biscuits and gravy
16. Pizza sandwich with extra cheese from Subway
17. Lobster bisque
18. An Artichoke
19. Spinach and artichoke dip
20. Jalepeno Poppers
21. Crab Angels from Surin (Alabama)
22. Potato pancakes from the Bavarian Grill (Plano, Texas)
23. Potato croquets from the Bavarian Grill
24. White asparagus wrapped in ham and smothered in hollandaise with extra hollandaise from the Bavarian Grill
25. Ambrosia
26. Lobster ravioli
27. Pecan pie with whipped cream
28. Calamari
29. Chicken Wings
30. Fried Cheese

This would be my most wonderful feast ever. It also does not include the drinks, because I haven't gotten that far, yet. There are so many other things I'd like to add to the list, but I've narrowed it down. Who could eat any more than that? As a whole, this meal would probably kill me before I could even be executed. I would be killed by glorious food, and I think that's the way to go. All the seafood, cheese, butter, and salt, would be the best way to end my life. Is this morbid? I just want to be prepared. I am already prepared for situations like this: if I had to stock an Alaskan fishing boat full of food and supplies for the crew, I know what I would send. I also know what I would name my children if I had to have 20 kids and name them all J names like the Duggars, or if I had sextuplets what I would name them. I am also prepared for life married to a Major League baseball player without children (Kids make everything more difficult). These situations may seem trivial in everyday life, but when your everyday life consists of watching TV all day, the possibility that you may one day have something exciting to plan for becomes important, and I like to plan ahead. So, for now I'll make plans that probably won't come true, but if the time comes, I'll be ready.

I wish I could have that meal now, not get executed, and not suffer any consequences afterwards...

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe I forgot to put a double cheeseburger combo from Milo's along with their apple pie and tea! That would've been a disaster had this actually happened and I hadn't gotten my Milo's!

    ReplyDelete